Monday, March 21, 2011

Christmas In Canaan DVD Review

" Description"
An unlikely friendship blossoms between two 10 year-old boys from different backgrounds during the racially charged backdrop of rural Texas, 1964. Through the years into manhood, prevailing attitudes and the growing civil rights movement severely test their friendship. In the end, they will discover that despite people's differences, it's the memories you make that determine your happiness and peace in life. Starring Billy Ray Cyrus, Jaishon Fisher, Zak Ludwig, Brendan Meyer, and Emily Tennant.

"My review"
"Christmas In Canaan" starts out with Daniel Burton (Billy Ray Cyrus) a widower who has a son DJ (Zak Ludwig) has made an enemy of his classmate, Rodney (Jaishon Fisher) simply because Rodney is black. To remedy the situation Daniel suggests the boys spend time together rather than keeping them apart. In time the two boys develop a strong friendship and bond that continues to face many challenges. It has a powerful statement about the power of friendship and how races should not matter when it comes to relationships. It makes a wonderful family movie that any family would enjoy. I enjoyed it very much. I found it very touching and filled with wonderful life lessons great for kids.

I love the plot in the movie best. The acting was OK but I believed that the plot in the movie was the best. I felt it was well put together and got the writers point across.

Better yet it has Billy Ray Cyrus in it. I love Billy Ray Cyrus! I love his music and plus I think he is a cutie!

This movie came out October 5, 2010 and would make a wonderful movie for Christmas and any occasion. You can purchase "Christmas In Canaan" here for $15.99.

Disclaimer: I received a sample for review. No other compensation was received for this post or to host a giveaway. All opinions are mine and are valid. My can't be bought or swayed either way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment