Friday, July 16, 2010

Diane Noble's:The Sister Wife Book Review

Book Description

"What if the man you loved told you God wanted him to take another wife? What if that woman was your best friend?


Set in the heart of the earliest days of a new nineteenth-century sect known as the Saints, The Sister Wife is a riveting account of two women forced into a practice they don't understand, bound by their devotion to Prophet Joseph Smith.


When Mary Rose marries Gabriel, neither of them could foresee how quickly the community would turn to the practice of plural marriage. Devastated when Gabe is faced with an order from the Prophet to marry her best friend, Bronwyn, Mary Rose tries to have the faith to carry through with the marriage.


But can she really be married to the same man as her very best friend? Can Mary Rose and Bronwyn face betraying both their husband and their God to do what they feel is right?"

My Review
Can you imagine living in a community that practices polygamy? Can you imagine your husband marrying another woman and your best friend at that? May Rose in The Sister Wife by Diane Noble, is faced with that and soon fears that she may be losing her husband to his new wife. Can her faith bring her through this?

Diane Noble captured the emotions in this situation well! The characters just jump off the page and I could really feel for Mary Rose.

Her fiend Bronwyn is a widow who is forced into this marriage. She insists on a nonphysical relationship. Can you imagine to be forced to marry anyone. I am not going to ruin the book for you but the emotions really overwhelm you while you are reading this. Once I started I couldn't stop reading until I was finished.

I am so glad I live in a society that allows people freedom. This book really makes you think about what you have. I loved it!

Overall The Sister Wife is an awesome book and I would recommend it to my friends and family. Any woman would love reading it.

The Sister Wife is priced at $9.95 here.

You can read the 1st Chapter of The Sister Wife here.

Disclaimer: I received a book for review from CFBA. No other compensation was received for this post or to host a giveaway. All opinions are mine and are valid. My can't be bought or swayed either way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment