Friday, June 18, 2010

Dish Network Service Review

We have been customers of Dish Network for 5 years. Tonight my husband called to upgrade our package from the standard 120 to HD. While he was asking about the procedures, like if he needed to cancel to get the upgrade or what, they canceled our service. When he confronted them about canceling the service they told him their was nothing they could do because they thought canceling the service was what he wanted. They told him a service tech will be out to turn our cable back on in three days.

I asked the Tech why would we cancel service tonight when it would leave us without anything to watch on TV!

Then I tried to set up account in my name so we have cable and Dish Network tells me I can't get a new account set up for 3 months. Then we ask them if my husband gets his account back if he could get HD and they tell him "I don't know!"

We got this information after 2 live chats and 3 phone calls being routed to 8 different people. The customer service was awful. I am angry, have a headache, tired, without cable, and all I wanted was to upgrade to HD.

I guess I should have changed a while back when Dish Network tried to charge me for receiver boxes I had already sent back to them from when we moved from California to North Carolina.

Plus after we got here in North Carolina every other week our cable went out because Dish Network was doing maintenance on one thing or another. It was an inconvenience for us!

I  researched Dish Network after this and I found several consumer complaints and people who have sued for unnecessary charges, false claims, and the utilization of used receiver boxes.

Needless to say we are going to sign up to Direct TV!

Research your cable providers and services before you commit.

Direct TV is $5 more a month but will be well worth skipping this hassle.

Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this post or to host a giveaway. All opinions are mine and are valid. My can't be bought or swayed either way.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Dish Network sucks!
    The customer service in spanish is nasty, and more awful if a "lady" answer the call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree - except Dsh Network's service via Twitter is outstanding! Send them a tweet @dishnetwork, they'll ask you to DM them your account number and they'll take care of you.

    I've had 3 issues this year, their telephone customer service SUCKED but each time their twitter customer service resolved it quickly and professionally.

    It's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came over via the Moms Helping Moms "Add your link" page. I'm sorry you had to deal with such awful customer service. At least you have choices, though. I didn't want a satellite provider, but how the cable companies are set up, you only have a choice between one or two depending on where you live. Knology was rotten to us when we had to give them up because we moved to a place they didn't service.

    Better luck with DirecTV!

    ReplyDelete