Thursday, May 20, 2010

Julia Cave's Deadly Disclosures Book Review

This book review was supposed to be posted between the dates of May 17 - May 19 but I posted it on April 29 here. I have reposted this post for that reason.  I enjoyed this book and I hope you find this book review informative.


How far will some go to silence an influential Christian voice?"

"Julie Cave first heard a creation science speaker at her church when she was just 15, igniting her interest in creation science and sparking an enthusiasm for defending the Bible’s account of creation. She has obtained a degree in health science, and is currently completing a degree in law. Julie is married with one daughter and lives on the east coast of Australia."

After FBI agent Dinah Harris's life falls apart a year ago she is blinded by grief and makes a mistake costing a man his life. She's very depressed, drinking, and suicidal. She is at the end of her rope and finds her life an empty shell!

She finds herself in the middle of a missing person case. The prominent Secretary of the Smithsonian has vanished. Then the one person who finally agrees to talk to them after so many fake rehearsed stories is later found severely beaten and no longer willing to talk. Then the adventure begins!

When the Secretary's body is discovered, Dinah and her partner must try to find who is responsible. With press questions why a failure like Dinah is on the case she finds herself back in her slump! Will she ever recover from her loss and her mistake? Will she find a reason to live again?

Deadly Disclosures by Julie Cave connected with me on an emotional plane. Granted it is a mystery full of suspense. But after everything Dinah went through, I couldn't help but understand her and feel for her. This book really spoke to people. So many people face hardships and so many become self destructive lik Dinah.

The characters were interesting and the plot was realistic enough. This book kept me guessing. I was very confused about Dinah at first and then she became clearer.

I felt the ending was interesting and swift. Overall it was a good book. There no curse words or intimate adult scenes to worry about. A few Christian topics were brought up but I feel no matter what faith you are you will enjoy this book.

Read the first chapter here.

I would recommend Deadly Disclosures for reading. I enjoyed it and it kept me guessing and reading till the end but I am not going to ruin that for you. You will have to read it yourself.

You can find our more information about Julie Cave and her books on her website here.


You can purchase Deadly Disclosures here for $7.99.

I recieved a book to review for this post. No compensation was received for a positive review. All opinions are honest and valid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment