Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tim Downs: Wonders Never Cease Book Review

"If you talk to God, you're religious; but if you hear from God, you're schizophrenic."

Kemp McAvoy is full of himself and very greedy. After a famous movie star ends up in a coma after a car accident Kemp McAvoy uses the situation to his advantage. Hes a med school dropout who was on his way to becoming an anesthesiologist when he decides to adjust the star's medication each night and pretend to be a heavenly visitor giving her messages. He recruits her agent and a down-and-out publisher to make sure the messages will become the next spiritual bestseller and make them all rich.

Now Kemp McAvoy's girlfriend's daughter, Leah, keeps telling people that she is seeing angels, and her mother and her teachers are all afraid that something is wrong. Soon Kemp realizes there are consequences for impersonating an angel.

Before it's all over, they'll all learn a few things about angels, love, and hope.

Do you believe in angels? I do! I felt Wonders Never Cease by Tim Downs was a very moving book about angels, greed, justice, and love. It didn't seem much about God so I feel readers who are not so religious might enjoy this book as well as people of faith.


It was comical mixed with a bit or romance and a bit of supernatural. I felt it was very creative. This book was satisfying. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. It provided a powerful message. Tim Downs did a wonderful job capturing the imagination and keeping the storyline intriguing. I felt he displayed the characters in a very unique way. My favorite character was Leah! Something about her just spoke to me!

I do wish Wonders Never Cease explained the ending more. It seemed very swift but overall it was a good read and I would recommend this book to my friends and family.

You can purchase Wonders Never Cease by Tim Downs here for $10.99.

You can find more information about Tim Downs and his books here at his website.

I was provided a book from Book Sneeze for review. All opinions are mine and are valid. No other compensation was given for this review. No opinions were swayed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment