Friday, April 2, 2010

Jennifer Shaw’s Love Broke Through CD Review

“Asante sana, Jesu” is a song that came to Jennifer during her trip to Africa. “I was leading worship at a church in Nairobi, and they opened the service with the people singing those words which mean, ‘Thank you so much, Jesus.’ When we were in Kenya, we saw some of the most difficult living situations, and yet the Christians there had such joy. We met one local pastor and sat in his dung hut with chickens hopping in and out of the door, and he was telling me all the amazing things God has done; how he had started 10 churches of 500 people meeting under trees. I was so inspired by him, and his faith and trust in God that I wrote this song for him and the other Kenyan Christians we were privileged to meet.”

I was so excited to receive Jennifer Shaw’s Love Broke Through CD for review. Love Broke Through was # 3 song on the national worship radio charts. How awesome is that!

Jennifer Shaw began her career singing opera, she has a Master's degree in Vocal Performance from the Manhattan School of Music, she's the mother of 3, and she quit her job with the Columbus Symphony and teaching music at Cedarville University to follow God's call leading in her current ministry.

My favorite song from the six songs on the CD was Love Broke Through. I felt like this spoke to me the most. I felt warm and love listening to this song. I feel as if I could connect to it on a deeper level. This song reflects the intense moments in Jennifer’s life as well as lessons she learned along the way. I guess you can say this song was the result of pain and testing.

I loved this CD. Sometimes is helps to listen to a song by someone else that just gets it and has experienced hardships as well. It is nice to know you are not alone at times. This is what this CD does; it reminds me that I am not the only one who has these moments.

I would recommend Love Broke Through to my Friends and family.

You can buy Love Broke Through here for $15.00 and it is totally worth the price.

This is just a product review. In no way is this post supposed to sway anyone’s beliefs or criticize anyone’s beliefs. It is just my opinion on this product. I have my own beliefs and I respect that others have theirs. My experience may be different from other people’s experiences. This product may be for some people and not for others. These are just my honest opinions on this product and nothing more.

This was not a paid review.  The CD was sent by The Adams Group for review.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment