Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shannon Perry’s The Real Thing Review

“One thing I hear a lot from women is ‘thanks for being real,’” says Shannon. “I prayed that God would make me transparent with others because for so many years I allowed fear and insecurity to rule me. I did not trust that I was ‘good enough’ for God to use me, so I played the ‘good church girl who had all the answers.’ But the truth is, God is calling out to be our strength, and if we think we are enough, we have no need for a Savior. I no longer hide my weaknesses because in my weakness, He is made strong.”

Shannon Perry is a national singer/songwriter and inspirational speaker for Chae Music who has a Master’s Degree in Counseling. She taught in public schools before entering into full time ministry. She has had many hardships. She stayed at the hospital by her husband’s side after he was diagnosed and battled cancer.

The Real Thing by Shannon Perry was inspired by her own disappointments and triumphs that Shannon has experienced over the years. Such as her husbands battle with cancer. This CD is composed of songs of faith and strength. This CD is Shannon’s way of reaching out to other women who have had to face many struggles she has had to face such as her childhood struggle with weight issues, how she was single for most of her life and cried out to God for a mate and to be a mom, living through broken relationships, finally finding a husband and then walking with him through cancer. I myself can pick out a couple of these struggles that sound fairly familiar in my life.

I simply loved the songs “Bad Hair Day” and “Keep Pressin’ On”.

I have to say when it comes to “Bad Hair Day”, I have had many days like this. That is why I enjoyed this song so much. I felt good listening to it because it just fit.

The song “Keep Pressin’ On” just reminds me that whatever happens that I have the strength to get through it. We just have keep on trying to succeed and persevere.

I enjoyed Shannon Perry’s “The Real Thing” CD. I found it inspirational. It spoke to me in many ways and I found myself relating too many of the songs in many ways. In my opinion I think many women would love this CD. I would recommend this product to my friends and family.


This is just a product review. In no way is this post supposed to sway anyone’s beliefs or criticize anyone’s beliefs. It is just my opinion on this product. I have my own beliefs and I respect that others have theirs. My experience may be different from other people’s experiences. This product may be for some people and not for others. These are just my honest opinions on this product and nothing more.

This was not a paid review.  The CD was sent by The Adams Group for review. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment