Friday, November 20, 2009

HP Pavilion dv2000 Review



My job in the Marine Corps requires me to work in an office that uses many different computers. So I have some experience in this field of expertise.  





A year ago my husband bought me a HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop. It was relatively inexpensive. It cost him around $500 on EBay for a new one. It worked great when I first got it. It was fast and quiet. I found at first it was useful and efficient for what I needed it for. It also had a cute design for a laptop.


Now looking back on the year I have had the HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop I have to say that I am not pleased with this product. I have had many problems with this laptop. I have had to have my husband fix it many times. My motherboard gave out at one point and had to be replaced.


It runs extremely slow now and the laptop itself gets extremely hot. I am scared it is going to catch fire or short circuit. It also makes an awful sound every time it boots up. The battery life is even lower than when I first got it.


There have been times I have been in the middle of working on a project and the system would just reboot randomly on its own. I have lost much of my work this way.


My recommendation is if you purchase this laptop be sure it comes with a warranty. This way if you experience any of these problems you can get your laptop replaced or fixed.


This laptop would be good for people who don’t have a lot of cash to spend but need a laptop.


You can find more information on the HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop here and here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment