Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Creative Toppings for Hot Dogs




I love foods that are fast and easy to make. Being a working mom, I am always on the go. One of the foods that I find to be easy to make are hot dogs. Who doesn't love a hot dog every once in a while? Hot dogs are also inexpensive and hot dogs are rated one of the most popular summer time foods! Let's face it there is nothing like a hot dog on a summer's day with all your favorite toppings. There are so many toppings to choose from. I have made a list below of some of the toppings people have used to top their hot dogs with!


Chili
Mustard
Onions
Ketchup
Cheese
Relish
Avocado
Sauerkraut
Coleslaw
Mayonnaise

Blue Cheese Dressing
Refried beans

Chutney
Crushed Red Pepper
Colby Cheese
Taco Sauce
Cottage Cheese
Chopped Cilantro
Pinto Beans
Canned Tuna
Shrimp Salad
Potato Sticks

Anchovies
Chives

Pickles
Green Peppers
Vinaigrette

Pastrami
Potato Salad
Humus

French Fries
Mushrooms
Pineapple

Butter
Peanut Butter

Salad Dressing
Guacamole
Sour Cream
Wasabi Sauce
Fried Rice
Black Pepper
Banana Peppers
Eggs
Chips
Mashed Potatoes
Steak Sauce
Bacon

Sun dried tomatoes
Olives
Minced Garlic
Basil
Horseradish
Horseradish Sauce
Sprouts
Sunflower Seeds

Honey
Cabbage

Pizza Sauce
Spaghetti Sauce

Hot Sauce
Barbecue Sauce

Salsa


These are not even all the toppings you can put on your hot dog. It is all about what you like on you hot dog. I guess you can call it a matter of taste. My favorite hotdog is when I use Oscar Myer's beef and cheese franks. I either boil or microwave them until the cheese is oozing out of them. Then I will take my bun and put mustard on one side of it and ketchup on the other side of it. I will cook some chili. After placing my Oscar Myer beef frank in the bun I pill pour a little bit of chili on my hot dog. Then I will dab a little sweet relish on it. Then I will cutup a little bit of onion and sprinkle it on top of the chili on my hot dog. Then lastly I will sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over my finished hot dog. All you need is one of these babies to fill you up! They are delicious! Know before hand these hot dogs they are very fattening and may cause heart burn!


Hot dogs are easy to make and fun for the whole family. If you are thinking of making hot dogs tonight then here are a list of what some people have used on their hot dogs in the past. It is very hard to mess up a hot dog using your favorite toppings. What do you like to top your hot dog off with?


0 comments:

Post a Comment